We are in a new season. God is into seasons. I began talking to the Lord recently about this “transition time,” pondering where, in Scripture, He might give us insights for such seasons. My mind immediately went to the opening verses of Joshua when God challenged Joshua about the new season in his life. Moses had died, and Joshua was now in charge. Listen to some of God’s words and make the application to your own life:
- “Moses is dead.” Well, of course Joshua knew that. Israel had mourned Moses’ death for thirty days, but God is making a point,
- “Joshua, resist the temptation to live in the past. Move ahead in strength.” Get ready… I am about to give to you… No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life.” Anticipate future victories.
- “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Live in His Presence.
- “Be strong and courageous.” Do not be limited to your own view of who you are. Accept God’s assessment of who you are and who are destined to be.
- “Keep this book on your lips…meditate on it day and night.” Daily absorb more of His Word, and allow His Spirit to massage His truth into your inner being.”
- “You will be prosperous and successful…Do not be afraid or discouraged.” Live in expectation of blessings even in the hard times. Resist fear and discouragement through the help of His Spirit.
- “The Lord is with you wherever you go.”
May 2018 be one of the best if not the best year of your life. For Jesus-followers, the best is always ahead.